Sunday, November 10, 2013

Unbiased Ballstreams Roku Channel Review






Ballstreams supports multiple devices including the Roku. Here is my full length review on the Ballstreams Roku channel.

The initial channel set up is really easy.


How-to add Ballstreams channel to your Roku



  • Add the channel by going to https://owner.roku.com/Add/ballstreams
  • Log in to Roku account
  • Add channel
  • Go to Options and do a 'System Update'
The channel requires a login, so you will need to pay a "donation" to receive access. The login is required upon initial channel set up, afterwards you will always be directed to the home screen upon opening the channel.


The home screen is very simple and easy to navigate around. The top row contain today's live games. You have the option of watching the live stream or you can start from the beginning. You can also resume from you left off. Most games will have the home or away broadcast and commercials. All games are broadcasted in English at 720P. The quality is great, it's like I am watching cable TV; especially since the streams are usually from a big broadcast network. I did notice that live games on the Roku have about a 30-40 second delay compared to a few second delay if you're watching it through the browser version.



The next few rows allows you to watch past archived games, commercial free or with commercial. You can search by date or by team. It dates back to preseason games.


The streams, including the live streams, plays well. I rarely notice a stutter or any delays. I have attached my speed test results.

This picture was taken as the game was in action which is why it's a little blurry



Please note that I have only tested out Ballstreams for a few days but overall if it continues the way it has been performing I will purchase the year subscription. I am thoroughly pleased with Ballstreams. You get every single NBA game, including preseason, regular season, All-Star weekend, and Playoffs, summer league, and the Olympics. As an added bonus, you can also the NCAA Final Four tournament games. I will post a follow up review when my membership is up in 1 month.  



No comments:

Post a Comment